We have several very cool and spooky recipes here from Brandy
) Worm Sandwiches
Cut the hot dogs into thin slices and score the edges (agout 3 cuts per slice)
Boil or microwave until the slices curl like wiggly worms. Serve three or four worms to a bun. For an extra-icky touch, add a few squiggles of ketchup
1 13-oz. package lemon-lime Kool-Aid (Use your favorite)
1 cup sugar
8 cups water
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
4 cups ginger ale
Worm cubes (ice cubes with gummy worms frozen inside)
3 scoops orange sherbert
(Also you can put some dry ice in the bowl to make it fog like a witch’s brew)
This sick-colored punch looks disgusting but tastes divine. Empty the Kool-Aid package into a punch bowl. Add the sugar, then the water and stir until dissolved. Stir in the orange juice. Just before serving, add the ginger ale and worm cubes and float the scoops of sherbert on top. Before long, the punch will be green and infested with worms.
3)Halloween Spiced and Iced Pumpkin cookies
1 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnimon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 lg egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
Brown Sugar Glaze (see below)
1. in a medium mixing bowl, beat shortening with a mixer on med/high speed for 30 sec
2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnimon, baking powder & baking soda.
Beat until combined, scraping sides of the bowl.
3.Beat in the egg & pumpkin. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
4.Drop dough by a rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto a ungreased cookie sheet
5.Bake cookies in a 375 degrees (190 degrees C) oven for 8-10 min or until tops seem firm.
6.Transfer cokkies to a wire rack to cool.
7. Spread colled cookies with Brown Sugar Glaze
makes about 42 cookies
Brown Sugar Glaze
1. In a small sauce pan combine 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 3 Tablespoons butter, 1 tsp milk. Heat and stir until butter melts.
2. Remove sauce pan from heat. Stir in 1 cup sifted powder sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. (Hint cinnamon if you want)