Day 2 – The 1Night Stand Party…CR Moss
And, I’m not just talking about the extreme summer temperatures we’ve been known to have!
Good day, all. My name is C.R. Moss, and I’m an erotic romance writer. In celebration of Decadent Publishing’s 1NS 200th book celebration, I’m sharing a bit about myself and my latest 1NS release. I get ideas from everywhere…conversations, news headlines, television, songs, etc.. On occasion I’ve been known to pull from my old careers and the people I’ve known, using samples of their personalities for characters and information I’ve gleaned from jobs to assist with subject matter. I also love infusing interesting tidbits about the places I’ve lived in and visited into my stories. When you read them, you’ll notice that a good percentage either take place completely, or in part, in Las Vegas—my current hometown. The setting of Sunset Heat (the 178th 1NS story) is no exception. It takes place at a Mt. Charleston hotel that’s located on the way up to the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort. (Yes, there’s a ski resort here! See? An interesting little fact. 😉 ) The cover is a good representation, too, depicting part of the Spring Mountains range and the fiery colors of the sunsets we witness sometimes.
Sunset Heat is the fourth book in my ‘Sunset’ series for Decadent Publishing’s popular 1Night Stand line. Inspiration for my hot little series occurred a couple of years ago when I went to a convention on the strip and met the ladies of Decadent Publishing. While a group of us were sitting around and talking, information about 1NS came up. Having already started on a book I planned to target to a different publisher, I re-purposed it for the 1NS line and expanded on the story’s background to make a series. Listed in order of release, Sunset Desires, Sunset Seduction, Sunset Temptations and Sunset Heat follow four female relatives who are all set up through the matchmaking service.
~ Blurb for Sunset Heat – a 1NightStand story from Decadent Publishing & book 4 in the ‘Sunset’ series ~
(Book Content: Contemporary, Erotic, Chick Lit, Romance)
Can one night transform a woman’s life?
* Seana Tramonto feels doomed when it comes to relationships. When she’s set up through the 1Night Stand service, she’s apprehensive at best. Her concern turns to ire when her match turns out to be a man who broke her heart years ago. Old wounds are slow to heal no matter how sexy the man asking for forgiveness.
* Zachary Russo, a Las Vegas policeman, is talked into doing a 1NS date. When he learns it’s with his high school tutor and friend, the girl he stood up before the Homecoming dance, he’s determined to make it up to her. But seeing her again opens his eyes to the sexy woman she’s become. Can he prove he’s grown up or will circumstance beyond his control kill their second chance?
~ Excerpt ~
* “I had it bad for you.”
* “So, what’s your wish now?”
* If she leaned toward him, turned just enough, maybe he’d kiss her. Did she have the nerve? What would he think of her advance?
* She closed her eyes, relishing the silky way he spoke her name. “Hmm?”
* “Your wish. You’re going to enter the drawing the charity is having, right?”
* “I can’t say or it won’t come true,” she murmured. Just move your face toward his. Do it! Though her inner diva cheered her on, she couldn’t.
* “A superstition for shooting stars and birthday candles.”
* “So? I don’t want to take chances.” Yes you do, her inner cheerleader chided.
* He brushed his cheek against hers. Warm breath caressed her ear. Restless throbs of desire pulsed in her veins. Sexual excitement curled in her womb. It’d been quite some time since feeling those particular sensations. Who’d I do it with last? Oh, the guy in the off-Broadway showing of West Side Story. Antonio something or other. She’d almost told him she loved him, but his ex-girlfriend came back into the picture, which snipped her out of it.
* Could Zach be her one? Even after all this time and despite their difficulties? Back when she’d helped him in high school, she’d wanted him and would have given him her all. She didn’t feel any different now. Turning her face toward his finally, she prepared for the first of what she hoped would be many kisses. None came. He wasn’t as close as she thought. Seana stared into his eyes, becoming lost in their depths.
* “Yes?” She breathed in his spicy, clean scent, wanting to nibble on the muscle stretching from his neck into the top of his white dress shirt.
* “Tell me more about the tutoring room.”
* “Why? Interested in playing out my fantasy?”
* Zach rubbed her knee. His touch seared her skin under her black sequined dress. “But we’re not in a school. There are no classrooms to use.”
* The scenario she’d envisioned as a young adult awaited her next move. If there’s ever a time to be bold and spontaneous, it’s now. Quit stalling and take the leap. Feeling naughty and way too frisky to miss the opportunity, she drew circles on his leg with her fingertip. “We can improvise by going up to your room or mine and pretending we’re in a classroom.”
* Seconds clicked by. Zach didn’t say a word. Wasn’t he interested? Her palms became clammy. I can’t be rejected again.
Buy Links ~
Decadent Publishing – http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=801&osCsid=1h3g0nat1rs7mtvnq11gnptno2
Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/Sunset-1Night-Stand-Series-ebook/dp/B00DROPKF6
All Romance eBooks – https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-sunsetheat-1228203-177.html
Bookstrand – http://www.bookstrand.com/sunset-heat-0
Barnes & Noble – http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sunset-heat-cr-moss/1115920480?ean=2940016541402
Find C.R. Moss here: